Toronto, ON – The Country Music Association of Ontario (CMAO) is hosting the 2nd Annual Road To Independence (R2I) Spring Tune Up Conference on May 24th and 25th at the Delta Hotel Markham (50 East Valhalla Dr., Markham, ON). The conference, presented by Slaight Music and supported by Ontario Media Development Corporation, will kick-off on Sunday, May 24th with a Keynote Interview with industry heavyweight, Derrick Ross of Slaight Music. Activities culminate with the presentation of the 2015 CMAO Awards on Monday, May 25th at Flato Markham Theatre.
The R2I Conference will feature knowledgeable industry panelists and keynote speakers. All panels and workshops will be interactive to ensure delegates can connect with key members of the music industry. The 2-day Conference will also include an Industry Showcase, to help new Ontario talent get noticed and advance their career to the next level, and the SOCAN Songwriter’s Circle Super Session featuring some of Ontario’s hottest country musicians!
For the full 2015 conference schedule, please see below:
Day 1 – Sunday, May 24th
– Sharp Thoughts From A Sharp Mind: In Conversation With Derrick Ross
– Show Us The Money! The Dollars And Sense Of Funding // Moderator: Beverley Mahood
– Are We Engaged Yet? Getting More Bang With Your Marketing Buck // Moderator: Samantha Pickard (Strut Entertainment)
– Rhyme And Publishment: Getting Your Music To Sync // Presented By: Jodie Ferneyhough (Canadian Music Publishers Assoc.)
– The ‘New Faces, Going Places’ Industry Showcases // Hosted By: Michelle Wright & Ted Roop (Larche Communications)
Day 2 – Monday, May 25th
– ‘A’ ‘G’ood ‘M’orning To You! Have Your Say In The CMAO // AGM Breakfast
– The Write Stuff – SOCAN Songwriters Super Session // Featuring: Deric Ruttan, Victoria Banks & more!
– The Formula Reformed: Artists Share Their Personal Recipes For Success // Featuring: Jess Moskaluke & Chad Brownlee
Full details, including times and industry speakers confirmed for each R2I panel, can be seen on the CMAO website. Conference passes for the CMAO’s R2I Spring Tune-Up Conference on May 24th and 25th are available now for $75 each at: www.ticketbreak.com.
Joint tickets for the 2015 CMAO Awards and Conference and individual tickets ($59.95 each) for the 2015 CMAO Awards at the Flato Markham Theatre on Monday, May 25th, are also available at: www.ticketbreak.com.
About The CMAO:
The CMAO was formed in 2007 by Rob MacArthur, founding patron Linda Wright and a number of interested and enthusiastic individuals who thought it was time to have a voice for country music in Ontario. The Association brings together the talent and the industry professionals. Its mandate is to foster and support the growth and development of Ontario’s country music and its industry, provincially, nationally and internationally. The CMAO has now hosted two annual Awards Shows with the assistance of presenting sponsor Slaight Music.
For media inquiries and accreditation to the awards or conference please contact:
For additional information about the CMAO please contact: